DEADLINES AND FEES
November 13, 2015
December 18, 2015
January 22, 2016
Under 3 minutes – $35
3 – 10 minutes – $40
Over 10 minutes – $45
Under 3 minutes – $40
3 – 10 minutes – $45
Over 10 minutes – $55
Under 3 minutes – $45
3 – 10 minutes – $55
Over 10 minutes – $65
Submissions will be broken up into the following categories:
- COMEDY – WEB SERIES, SHORTS, PILOTS, TEASERS (etc…)
- DRAMA – WEB SERIES, SHORTS, PILOTS, TEASERS (etc…)
- COMEDY – FEATURE FILM
- DRAMA – FEATURE FILM
- UNSCRIPTED (Documentaries, Reality Shows, Talk Shows, etc…)
Note: There will be one Best-in-Category winner from each category and a Grand Prize Winner that may be chosen from any of the categories.
Submissions will be assessed through our internal selection process, based on their relevance to the actual entertainment marketplace.
This is not a competition about handing out plaques... this is one designed to move artists' careers forward in a concrete and measurable way. With the expansion of cable television and the strength of independent films, there is room for a huge spectrum of content, but unless we continue to create success stories, we lose our relevance to you. So...we keep one eye focused on the actual marketplace at all times, as evidenced by our incredible judging panel of CURRENT industry players.
SUBMISSIONS HAVE ALREADY SOLD TO HBO, FOX, NAT GEO, BBC and more...
Note: Optional ‘peer-voting’ “mini-competition” will have NO IMPACT on the results of our internal selection process (see below for more details).
PEER-VOTING (OPTIONAL): “THE SHORTCUT TO THE FINALS”
As an ADDITIONAL, OPTIONAL, “mini-competition” within the overall competition, each month, submissions that came in the previous month will be posted on our site for viewers to vote on. Each month’s vote-winner will bypass the internal selection process and head straight to the Finals of the overall competition where an unprecedented panel of industry decision-makers awaits them. These “Shortcut to the Finals” mini-competitions begin on the 15th of each month and end on the 10th of the next month.
Ex: If you submit in June, unless you opt out, your submission will be posted on July 15th…voting will go until Aug. 10. We will send you an email with all instructions prior to the beginning of each peer-voting, mini-competition.
Remember, THIS IS OPTIONAL! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VOTING PORTION (it is simply a ‘Shortcut to the Finals’)...***YOUR SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE POSTED ON THE VOTING PAGE IF YOU CHOOSE TO OPT OUT OF THIS.***
Remember, our PANEL of decision-makers include top Agents, Producers and Executives who are all excited to see the best work that Hollywood has yet to discover. GOOD LUCK!
Web Series, Shorts, TV Pilots, Features, Docs, Animation, Teasers,…
HOW TO SUBMIT
- We have made UPLOADING your work directly onto our site easy, with our online application. (Less than 5 minutes).
- We also accept LINKS to your work, emailed FILES and hard copies (VHS, DVD).
- You can use http://www.yousendit.com (free) or other email services that allow you to email large files.
- If applying with a ‘link’ to your web series, it should lead our judges to the episode(s) that you want viewed first (otherwise judges will assume that the most accessible episode is your submission).
- Due to the high volume of worldwide submissions, DVD/VHS materials will NOT be returned, so only send a copy of your film…no returnable material or originals are to be sent.
- Foreign language material will be acceptable only if Subtitled or Dubbed in English.
- For foreign DVDs, you must send playable/formatted for Region Code 1 (North America) or Region 0 (Universal).
- For foreign VHS, only send in NTSC format…PAL will not be accepted.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
This competition is open to any filmmaker, worldwide, 18 or older. Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners’ names and likenesses for publicity and promotions with no additional compensation. We reserve the right to publicize and promote any and all progress, development and success of the entered project. Additionally, entering the competition constitutes permission for NexTv to post your submission online in association with the competition, though YOUR RETAIN OWNERSHIP OF YOUR WORK.
- We recognize the wide-ranging nature of New Media, so submissions may have a running time of as little as 30 seconds and as long as 45 minutes.
- Multiple Directors/Creators are allowed, and will be listed on our site and in all press releases, but one person must be designated to receive awards/prizes.
- Multiple Producers and Writers are also acceptable and will be listed on our site and all press releases.
- Multiple entries from the same Director/Creator are accepted but each must have its own Entry Form & Fee.
- Do not include any additional materials with your submissions such as scripts, production photos, publicity, press kits, or any other written materials.
- No substitutions or updated/re-edited version of the project will be accepted.
Entry must be accompanied by the following:
a) Completed ENTRY FORM
b) The appropriate entry fee (checks made out to: "NexTv Entertainment")
c) Completed project (webisode or short film)
* If you become a Finalist, you will be contacted to provide a close-up photo of the Creator/Director and 2-3 production photos from your project which may be displayed with your film title on our site and on all press materials and releases.